Not too much to report this week. Steve and I had our six month wedding anniversary on Friday, but we both forgot (oops!). Forgetting was actually a good thing because we started the night off by having our friends who we had invited to dinner call and cancel 30 minutes before they were to arrive, which turned out okay because then our oven broke, again. After eating a very modified menu of what we were planning to have, we trekked over to Hemingway's bar in the Ritz. It has an interesting history, but also charges €25 per drink so when the snobby hostess told us there was no room because it is fashion week we headed off. We ended up at another bar which we thought was okay until we noticed a handful of transvestites, so we called it a night.
Saturday night we made it to a crazy club which was so much fun it made up for Friday night's lack of fun.
I made my first ever tart, which I am pleased to report turned out to be delicious. I followed this recipe, but added in powdered hazelnuts and skipped the pears, instead I topped the tart with a ring of raspberries. Delicious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment