
I’m an aunt! Last week, very excitingly, Steve and I became an aunt and uncle when Steve’s brother, Greg, and his wife, Emily, had Ella Caroline Franklin. We can’t wait to meet her!
Steve and I have just returned from a fun filled weekend in London. I went over on the Eurostar on Thursday morning and worked Thursday and Friday and met Steve after work on Friday evening. I had a bit of time to kill before meeting Steve so I stopped in one of my favorite places, the National Portrait Gallery. They always have the most interesting exhibits. Saturday we met South African friends who we knew in Boston for brunch and then Kate’s college roommate, husband, and new baby for lunch. I spent the afternoon wondering around and went into Harrods. I trust I saw the most important facets of the store – the fine jewelry section and the food halls. After Harrods I went over to the National Gallery, another one of my favorite places to visit in London. We stayed with one of Steve’s friends in his flat in the suburbs of London and overall had a great weekend.
About ten days ago Steve’s French ‘aunt’ (the sister of the father of the family Steve lived with in high school) had us over for dinner, along with her nephew and his wife (who are about our age). It was my first official French dinner party. It was a fantastic evening, with delicious food, and I’d say I maybe understood 10% of the conversation. We had five courses, wonderful wine and champagne, and good company.
No comments:
Post a Comment