On February 1st news of the smoking ban was all over the place. I momentarily forgot about it until I opened the paper that morning. I smiled all the way to work. Over lunch I discussed the issue with a nonsmoking co-worker who didn't seem as excited as I was, and declared she was sure someone would strike over the issue. That night Steve and I decided to go out for a drink and as I practically skipped into the bar I came to a cartoon-like screeching halt and my smile quickly faded as I looked around and everyone was smoking.
It would be a lot more convenient if I were fluent in French. If I were, that morning on the train on the way to work I would have been able to read the article which outlined the phased plan to ban smoking in public. We are in phase one now, which bans smoking on the subways and trains, federal buildings, hospitals (?!?!). I am still not too sure of the schedule, except that the last phase is for restaurants and bars, and that will be implemented on February 1, 2008.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment