Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My French Soup

Last night I prepared my first French dish, cauliflower soup. Why do I consider this one my first, after already mentioning that we've been eating soup for weeks due to the broken oven (which got fixed last week)? Because the recipe is from a French woman who spends her days writing about French food, while everything else I've made is out of my US cookbooks. Kate pointed out her blog, and I have been visiting it a few times per week. The author is French, but spent time living in the US so she writes in English. I believe she lives somewhere right near us because she often writes about places within a few blocks of our apartment. I made cauliflower soup (recipe), which I have to say, was delicious.

On another note, Steve and I went to the police station this morning and picked up our receipts for our carte de soujours, our next step in the French visa process. In two months we will go back to pick up the actual carte de soujour.

No comments: